Yesterday, Merri reached the halfway point of her overall goal of raising $5,000 for the MGH Marathon Team! Congrats Mer! I am only $329 away from $2,500 with 14 weeks to go. Thank you to all of our friends and family who have made donations thus far, it is very very much appreciated! For those of you who would like to donate you can visit Marissa’s page here, or Meredith’s page here. THANK YOU!
Today it looks a little dreary out but I am planning to go out for 6 or so miles. I needed a little pick me up before the run so I decided to make some bacon and eggs to get the day off on the right foot.
Today’s Recipe is PERFECTLY BAKED BACON, my favorite way to cook Bacon! This method involves the oven, not the stove top, so you do not have to deal with crazy grease flying out of the pan and possibly hitting you in the arms and or face:
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees;
- Lay bacon flat on parchment covered baking sheet;
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes depending on how thickly cut your bacon or how crispy you like it;
- I flip the bacon once at about the halfway mark just to make sure they do not burn on one side;
- Remove from the oven and transfer bacon to paper towel lined plates to drain the excess grease;
I am heading out for my run… only one more week until the Brr-ooklyn Half Marathon!