Six weeks to go until the big day! Here are six things I am looking forward to on Marathon Monday:
1) Waking up knowing that today I will run the Boston Marathon (in these pants?);
2) Riding on the bus with my team to Hopkington;
3) Hitting the halfway mark in Wellesley- hootiehoooo;
4) Seeing my family at mile 20;
5) Crossing the finish line with my sister;
6) CELEBRATING THE NIGHT AWAY AT THE LIBERTY HOTEL (Or just laying down with champagne and not moving for a few days).
We are getting so excited for the big day and are still working hard to prepare!
Tonight’s workout at Crossfit Variance started with backsquats: 3 at 75% of max weight; 4 at 90% of max weight; and 2 sets of 4 at 95% of max weight.
The WOD consisted of 30-20-10: push press; pullups and pistols. There was a 10 minute cap so the goal was to get as far as possible. I got 137 total reps which ended in the middle of my pistol set of 20. Toughhh.
We ended with Tabata Burpees. 20 seconds on; 10 seconds off for 8 rounds. I totaled 48 burpees and was ready for dinner after that.
*Meredith has reached her fundraising goal of $5,000 but I am still working towards my goal! Please consider donating to my Boston Marathon fundraiser by clicking HERE! Thank you to all who have already donated! We really appreciate your support!*